Synthetron, a Belgian company specialized in on-line discussions with large and important target groups, will open up a Swedish office this summer. Synthetron has been active for more than 10 years and during that time done thousands of on-line discussions based on their unique platform. Synthetron is represented in 16 countries, including Sweden. Our solutions work equally well for the private and public sector. For more information see www.synthetron.com.
In short, this is how it works:
- Every discussion can have up to 1000 participants
- Everybody is anonymus, there is no way of knowing who says what
- The participants are randomly placed in small virtual subgroups of 5 persons
- The participants are invited to the discussion at a certain date and time. The discussion works in the same way as an IRL discussion, you must be present when it happens!
- All participants log in to an URL on their own computer/Ipad/etc. No geographical limitations, you can participate wherever you are, as long as there is internet connection.
- All discussion is done in writing, participants are encouraged to comment statements from others in order to get depth and clarity to the issues at hand.
- A moderator starts the discussion and follows a predecided script, covering the issues to discuss in this particular session
- The participant answer the questions, and also score some statements from other participants
- When a virtual subgroup of 5 persons have a high average score on a statement, the statement spreads out into the whole discussion group, thus making it possible to get insights into what issues are important for the whole group! These statements are called synthetrons.
- After one hour the discussion is ended and the participants simply log out.
- There is one immediate report presented, covering the most important synthetrons from the discussion, most interesting statements and some statistics.
- After 1-2 weeks there is a complete report delivered, focusing on the insights of the discussion