Consensus groups and partnerships, and collaborations in the environmental movement

Christoph

I have a ot of experience with consensus groups and partnerships, and collaborations in the environmental movement reperesenting the enviro activist side in successfully stopping almost all of the Ancient Forest timber sales in the Pacific Northwest of the US. and am also a retired federal manager and trained in labor management negotiations. I am writing a series of books for grassroots activists explaining the various methods and subtleties they will encounter, where they came from, their historical roots, relation to trranny and how to resist them. And how and why to demand Roberts Rules and where Roberts rules came from. Sorry to have not replied earlier but I haven’t gone back to check this site tilI got an email today from it. I quote you and your work in my book. Also I dscuss the history and problemswith the myth if win-win.I devoye 4 chaters of my book to consensus and it is aimed at average citizens and non professionals with lots of examples and stories. I could post the chapters on consensus here someplace. My email is Jim@Britell.com and I am in NY State. US. You were the only person I have ever found that had anything new to teach me about consensus. My book is called Organize to win and it is a handbook for grassroots activists. Cheers,

Jim

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Writing a book for environmental activists an the pitfalls of consensus

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused by moving these posts around. My mistake. The whole conversation is now here: Writing a book for environmental activists an the pitfalls of consensus